Monday, December 28, 2009

combination feeding or not?!

So far on my journey as a parent, there have been so many questions, and areas that I have become so confused about, particularly because every man and his dog has an opinion on how I should parent. One area of confusion has been on routines, and how flexible you can be with feed times etc. One source will tell me that it is ok to have feeds between 3 and 4 hourly as a combination, and another will say that you need to be as consistent as possible. And that is just opinions in the routine camp, let alone the attachment parenting camp!!!
Babywise says a combination is fine, be flexible. I was flexible around 2 months of age and then had to do a strict routine to correct it all! Who knows.

I am slowly realizing that I can aim for 3.5 hourly or whatever it is for this week and try my best, but not worry if it doesn't happen every time. Babies are human after all! =) Consistency as much as possible is what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment