Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Just when you think you have got it sorted...

Well, today looks like it will be one that requires lots of patience and calm reflection on what has previously worked! Jamison has decided to wake at 2.5 hours and scream until I gave in and fed him at 3 hours. Here is me wanting to transition from 3.5 hours, and he wants to go backwards!!! I am hoping that it is because we have been pretty inconsistent lately since Christmas celebrations. I think I need to go back to my proven method of improving things of leaving him to rest and going in every 10 minutes if he is crying gustily. I am so tired today that I don't really have the stamina to deal with the crying, which I know doesn't help.

Thank goodness I can look back on worse times in Jamison's early weeks and know that phases are just that - phases. This will pass. I just so often doubt myself when things go wrong and I suppose that is unnecessarily placing blame on myself for something that is uncontrollable to a certain extent.

Well, here I go, with a prayer and a deep breath, knowing that all things are possible! =)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you're having a hard day Heidi, lets hope its simply a growth spurt. xx

    PS. this links to my old blog! new one is http://blogs.oddsocks.net/ahunt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tagged you with an award over at my blog:

    http://blogs.oddsocks.net/ahunt/2010/01/03/sugar-doll-award-10-things-about-me/

    ReplyDelete